You will perform VHDL coding and pre-silicon RTL verification of components of the videantis programmable multicore processor architecture. You will perform physical-aware synthesis using, e.g., Synopsys Design Compiler, Design Compiler Graphical, HDL simulation using, e.g., Mentor Modelsim/Questa, and FPGA prototyping using Xilinx or Intel/Altera toolflows. Your verification work will include developing test plans, writing testbenches and regression tests to achieve sign-off coverage, and debugging issues across hardware and software. All verification results will be thoroughly documented for sign-off of production-ready deliverables. FPGA prototyping of complete multicore processor system configurations will be used to verify functional correctness of vision and video processing with near-realtime throughput. For this, you will setup and maintain an FPGA prototyping flow and perform the mapping, bring-up, and debugging of the targeted processor system configurations and related software applications.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Coding of logic blocks of programmable processor architectures in VHDL according to functional specifications
- Perform physically-aware aware synthesis and optimization in advanced technology nodes
- Develop test plans and write testbenches and regression tests
- Perform HDL simulation of components of programmable multicore processor architectures
- Setup and maintain an FPGA toolflow
- Perform FPGA mapping and protoyping of programmable multicore processor systems
- Debug issues across hardware and software
- Sign-off verification of production deliverables
- Sign-off documention of verification results
The position is located in Hannover.
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS or BS degree in Engineering or Science
- Minimum 5 years, preferred 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix and scripting languages
- Thorough work attitude and attention to detail while meeting strict deadlines
- Proficiency in VHDL and Verilog
- Experience in physically-aware standard-cell synthesis in advanced technology nodes (16nm and beyond)
- Experience in developing test plans and writing testbenches
- Familiarity with Mentor Modelsim/Questa and/or other HDL simulation tools
- Proficiency in FPGA prototyping using Xilinx and/or Intel/Altera toolflows
- Good knowledge of programmable processor architecture
- Good English language skills (written and verbal)
“Computer vision is the biggest, most disruptive, application segment in technology today,” said Dr. Jon Peddie, president of Jon Peddie Research. This is your chance to work in a small company where you can make an impact, on a technology that will change consumer electronics. Join us and you will become part of a world-class team that knows how to build industry-leading solutions. Your code will make it into high-volume applications such as automotive cameras, AR/VR wearables, mobile phones, tablets, and self-driving cars.
We encourage hardware engineers that are excellent designers and who enjoy building efficient hardware to apply even if they may not fit the exact above profile.