You will perform pre-silicon RTL verification of components of the videantis programmable multicore processor architecture, including HDL simulation and FPGA prototyping. In this scope, you will develop test plans and write testbenches and regression tests achieving sign-off coverage. You will run HDL simulations, primarily using Mentor Modelsim/Questa, and will debug issues across hardware and software. All verification results will be thoroughly documented for sign-off of production-ready deliverables. A further verification path will be FPGA prototyping of complete multicore processor system configurations to verify functional correctness of vision and video processing with near-realtime throughput. For this, you will set up and maintain an FPGA prototyping flow and perform the mapping, bring-up, and debugging of the targeted processor system configurations and related software applications.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Develop test plans
- Write testbenches and regression tests
- Perform HDL simulation of components of programmable multicore processor architectures
- Setup and maintain an FPGA toolflow
- Perform FPGA mapping and prototyping of programmable multicore processor systems
- Debug issues across hardware and software
- Sign-off verification of production deliverables
- Sign-off documentation of verification results
The position is located in Hannover.
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS or BS degree in Engineering or Science
- Minimum 5 years, preferred 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix and scripting languages
- Thorough work attitude and attention to detail while meeting strict deadlines
- Good English language skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in VHDL and Verilog
- Experience in developing test plans and writing testbenches
- Familiarity with Mentor Modelsim/Questa and/or other HDL simulation tools
- Proficiency in FPGA prototyping using Xilinx and/or Intel/Altera toolflows
- Good knowledge of programmable processor architecture
“Computer vision is the biggest, most disruptive, application segment in technology today,” said Dr. Jon Peddie, president of Jon Peddie Research. This is your chance to work in a small company where you can make an impact, on a technology that will change consumer electronics. Join us and you will become part of a world-class team that knows how to build industry-leading solutions. Your code will make it into high-volume applications such as automotive cameras, AR/VR wearables, mobile phones, tablets, and self-driving cars.
We encourage hardware engineers that are excellent designers and who enjoy building efficient hardware that works to apply even if they may not fit the exact above profile.