You will implement, evaluate, and optimize deep learning algorithms with the focus of an embedded implementation on the videantis deep learning processor. You will benchmark various deep learning network architectures using industry-standard image databases and perform a comparative analysis and optimization of these network architectures driven by multiple objectives. In your role, you will stay on top of your field and quickly identify new promising approaches coming up in this rapidly growing field and assess their suitability for videantis’ key markets and core technology. Using the videantis deep learning framework, you will perform design space explorations of various deep learning network architectures with respect to the videantis deep learning processor. Training and re-training of deep learning networks for both automotive and non-automotive use cases with respect to the videantis deep learning processor will also be part of your job.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Implementation, evaluation, and optimization of deep learning algorithms
- Benchmarking of various deep learning network architectures with industry-standard image databases
- Comparitive analysis and optimization of various deep learning network architectures driven by multiple objectives
- Design space exploration of various deep learning network architectures with respect to the videantis deep learning processor
- Training and re-training of deep learning networks for automotive and non-automotive use cases on the videantis deep learning processor
The position is located in Hannover. We will consider remote work with frequent visits to our office for exceptional candidates.
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS or PhD degree in Engineering or Science
- Minimum 2 years, preferred 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix and scripting languages
- Thorough work attitude and attention to detail while meeting strict deadlines
- Strong English language skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in machine learning algorithms and principles
- Strong experience with deep learning frameworks like Caffe, Tensorflow, etc
- Knowledge of Keras and ROS is a plus
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and Python
“Computer vision is the biggest, most disruptive, application segment in technology today,” said Dr. Jon Peddie, president of Jon Peddie Research. This is your chance to work in a small company where you can make an impact, on a technology that will change consumer electronics. Join us and you will become part of a world-class team that knows how to build industry-leading solutions. Your contributions will make it into high-volume applications such as automotive cameras, AR/VR wearables, mobile phones, tablets, and self-driving cars.