You will architect and develop advanced ADAS solutions using videantis-enabled automotive-qualified chips together with customers and partners, seeking for the best tailored solutions to specific customer requirements. Based on your expertise in the features and capabilities of the videantis vision and video DSP multi-core architecture, you will advise customers and partners in how to get the most out of videantis-enabled chips in ADAS applications and will advance the boundaries of what is being built on this platform. You will architect complete ADAS HW system concepts around videantis-enabled chips and implement proof-of-concept SW applications on these using an advanced Eclipse-based toolchain featuring a high-level compiler, cycle-accurate multi-core simulator and detailed analysis and profiling tools as well as existing optimized computer vision libraries like OpenCV and OpenVX for the videantis platform. Your work will also include building ADAS demonstrators for customers and for public display, e.g., at exhibitions, and writing white papers and customer-specific documentation on specific ADAS solutions.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Work with automotive Tier 1 and OEM customers from specification to concept and implementation of complete ADAS applications on the videantis processor architecture
- Guide feature selection and architectural choices for an optimal result on videantis-enabled chips
- Support the customer’s implementation process remotely as well as on-site
- Devise HW architecture concepts for ADAS based on videantis-enabled automotive chips
- Implement proof-of-concept SW applications on systems based on videantis-enabled chips, pushing the boundaries of what is being built on this platform
- Select internal ADAS application examples and implement demonstrators on videantis platforms for demonstration at customer sites as well as exhibitions
- Write white papers about optimal implementation of ADAS applications on the videantis architecture
The position is located in Hannover. We will consider remote work with frequent visits to our office for exceptional candidates.
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS or BS degree in Engineering or Science
- Minimum 5 years, preferred 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with automotive ADAS computer vision algorithms and applications
- Experience with embedded HW and SW architecture and system design for automotive ADAS
- Proficiency in C/C++ and/or OpenCL C kernel language programming on DSPs
- Experience with parallel (SIMD) and multi-core programming
- Familiarity with automotive SW development processes and standards like Automotive SPICE, MISRA, ISO26262
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and scripting languages
- Thorough work attitude and attention to detail while meeting strict deadlines
- Strong English language skills (written and verbal)
“Computer vision is the biggest, most disruptive, application segment in technology today,” said Dr. Jon Peddie, president of Jon Peddie Research. This is your chance to work in a small company where you can make an impact, on a technology that will change consumer electronics. Join us and you will become part of a world-class team that knows how to build industry-leading solutions. The solutions you develop will make it into high-volume products such as automotive front, rear, and surround cameras and self-driving cars.