You will develop, extend, and maintain compilers and other components of the toolchains for the videantis vision and video DSP and stream processor architectures. You will thoroughly verify the compilers and other toolchain components performing comprehensive regression testing on nightly builds and release candidates until sign-off. Documentation of verification results as well as product-grade user guide documentation and tutorials will be part of your work. In your role, you will further provide second-level customer support and handle ticketing desk requests related to the tools in your responsibility.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Develop, debug, and maintain compilers and tools
- Verification of compilers and tools
- Write testplans and set up comprehensive regression test
- Sign-off documentation of verification results
- Write user guide documentation and develop tutorials
- Work on support tickets submitted by customers / users
The position is located in Hannover. We will consider remote work with frequent visits to our office for exceptional candidates.
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS or BS degree in Engineering or Science
- Minimum 2 years, preferred 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix and scripting languages
- Thorough work attitude and attention to detail while meeting strict deadlines
- Strong English language skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in C/C++; experience with OpenCL C kernel language is a plus
- Good knowledge of software engineering and its tools
- Experience with compiler construction frameworks (GCC, LLVM, …)
- Good knowledge in compiler construction (dataflow analysis, code generation including scheduling and register allocation)
- Knowledge of VLIW and vector processor architectures
“Computer vision is the biggest, most disruptive, application segment in technology today,” said Dr. Jon Peddie, president of Jon Peddie Research. This is your chance to work in a small company where you can make an impact, on a technology that will change consumer electronics. Join us and you will become part of a world-class team that knows how to build industry-leading solutions. Your contributions will make it into high-volume products such as automotive front, rear, and surround cameras and self-driving cars.