You will be the foremost technical interface to videantis customers in both pre- and after-sales and act as the key link between videantis sales and engineering teams. In this role, you will directly support sales managers as the technical expert on the videantis computer vision product portfolio to secure design wins and manage the technical support of the customer through the design-in phase all the way to product end of life. You will establish and maintain close technical ties to the customer to facilitate rapid resolution of customer issues and to also identify upgrade opportunities with existing accounts.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Handle pre-sales technical discussions of sales leads in order to define the customer’s technical requirements
- Accompany sales managers on domestic and international travels and participate in technical conference calls as technical expert
- Support in-depth technical evaluation periods at customer’s site
- Support videantis’ participation in international trade shows, exhibitions and industry events by technical demos
- Write application notes and technical white papers
- Maintain customer relations via phone or e-mail, and organize customer visits on a regular basis, in order to assess product and service satisfaction and to identify upgrade opportunities
The position is located in Hannover.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS required; MS preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience in technical customer support, application engineering, or technical sales role
- Strong technical understanding of programmable DSP and embedded vision
- Experience in at least one of the market segments automotive, consumer, mobile
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work through technical issues with customers
- Very high fluency in verbal and written English language
- Willing to domestic and international travel up to 50% of your time
“Computer vision is the biggest, most disruptive, application segment in technology today,” said Dr. Jon Peddie, president of Jon Peddie Research. This is your chance to work in a small company where you can make an impact, on a technology that will change consumer electronics. Join us and you will become part of a world-class team that knows how to build industry-leading solutions. The solutions you develop will make it into high-volume applications such as automotive cameras, AR/VR wearables, mobile phones, tablets, and self-driving cars.