You will further develop, extend, and maintain an existing Eclipse-based integrated development environment which provides all tools and views to support efficient programming of the videantis vision, video, and deep learning DSP architecture. You will develop new plugins, design GUIs, and augment the environment with further scripting tools for a smooth user experience. Usage concepts will be refined and thoroughly verified before release. User guide documentation and tutorials will be part of the work.
This position is eligible for full-time or part-time work.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Maintain and extend the videantis Eclipse-based integrated development environment
- Develop Eclipse plugins for additional functionality
- Augment the GUI with new features
- Add scripting frameworks around tools for a smooth user experience
- Verify usage concepts
- Develop a thorough test environment and perform exhaustive regression testing
- Write user guide documentation and tutorials
The position is located in Hannover. We will consider remote work with frequent visits to our office for exceptional candidates.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Student or graduate in Engineering or Science
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix
- Thorough work attitude and attention to detail while meeting strict deadlines
- Good English language skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in JAVA and C programming
- Knowledge in scripting language programming
- Eclipse plugin programming experience is a plus
“Computer vision is the biggest, most disruptive, application segment in technology today,” said Dr. Jon Peddie, president of Jon Peddie Research. This is your chance to work in a small company where you can make an impact, on a technology that will change consumer electronics. Join us and you will become part of a world-class team that knows how to build industry-leading solutions. Your code will make it into high-volume applications such as automotive cameras, AR/VR wearables, mobile phones, tablets, and self-driving cars.
We encourage software engineers that are excellent programmers and who enjoy developing great technology to apply even if they may not fit the exact above profile.