Embedded Video Codec SW Engineer (m/f)
You will develop highly optimized SW implementations of state-of-the-art video encoders and decoders on the videantis video and vision DSP architecture for embedded system targets, exploiting SIMD, VLIW, and multi-core architecture features. An advanced toolchain featuring multi-core simulator, on-chip real-time development system and detailed profiling tools will support your thorough performance and data flow optimization and verification. You will also devise own verification strategies and write automatic regression tests adapted to the requirements of video encoders and decoders.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Develop optimized implementations of video encoders and decoders on videantis parallel video and vision DSP architecture from scalar C reference code
- Consider cycle count, memory size and memory bandwidth constraints as optimization objectives
- Perform thorough verification using bitstream verification suites
- Evaluate alternative encoding strategies for their implementation impact and resulting quality
- Provide feedback on identified architectural optimizations to hardware architecture team
- Understand and stay up-to-date with latest video codec technologies
- Document code and verification results and support product documentation
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS or BS degree in Engineering or Science
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Familiarity with advanced video codec schemes, like H.264/AVC and beyond (e.g. HEVC, WebM VP9)
- Detailed embedded software experience with C/C++ (ARM, DSP) and low-level assembly language programming
- Experience with parallel (SIMD) and multi-core programming
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix and scripting languages
- Knowledge of common multimedia frameworks/APIs as well as OS integration (e.g., Android) is a plus
- Thorough work attitude and attention to detail while meeting strict deadlines
- Strong English language skills (written and verbal)
Video compression technology has enabled new applications such as YouTube, Netflix and Skype, which have changed whole industries, and the way we communicate. This is your chance to work in a small company where you can make an impact. Join us and you will become part of a world-class team that knows how to build industry-leading solutions. Your code will make it into high-volume applications such as mobile phones, tablets, TVs and camera-enabled cars.
We encourage software engineers that are excellent programmers and who enjoy optimizing programs to apply even if they may not fit the exact above profile.