Embedded Computer Vision SW Engineer (m/f)
You will develop highly optimized SW implementations of computer vision applications on the videantis video and vision DSP architecture in conjunction with an ARM host CPU for embedded system targets, exploiting SIMD, VLIW, and multi-core architecture features. An advanced toolchain featuring a multi-core simulator, an on-chip real-time development system and detailed profiling tools will support your thorough performance and data flow optimization and verification. You will utilize OpenCV, OpenVX and other computer vision frameworks/APIs as the basis for complete computer vision applications.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Develop optimized implementations of computer vision applications on videantis parallel video and vision DSP architecture accelerating ARM host CPU processing
- Utilize OpenCV, OpenVX and other computer vision frameworks/APIs to build up complete computer vision applications
- Consider cycle count, memory size and memory bandwidth constraints as optimization objectives
- Perform floating-point/fixed-point analysis with a focus on precision requirements and implementation efficiency
- Provide feedback on identified architectural optimizations to hardware architecture team
- Document code and verification results and support product documentation
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS or BS degree in Engineering or Science
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Familiarity with computer vision algorithms and existing libraries, e.g., OpenCV, VLIB, FastCV, or OpenVX.
- Detailed embedded software experience with C/C++ (ARM, DSP) and low-level assembly language programming
- Experience with parallel (SIMD) and multi-core programming
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix and scripting languages
- Knowledge of OS integration (e.g., Android) is a plus
- Thorough work attitude and attention to detail while meeting strict deadlines
- Strong English language skills (written and verbal)
“Computer vision is the biggest, most disruptive, application segment in technology today,” said Dr. Jon Peddie, president of Jon Peddie Research. This is your chance to work in a small company where you can make an impact, on a technology that will change consumer electronics. Join us and you will become part of a world-class team that knows how to build industry-leading solutions. Your code will make it into high-volume applications such as mobile phones, tablets, TVs and camera-enabled cars.
We encourage software engineers that are excellent programmers and who enjoy optimizing programs to apply even if they may not fit the exact above profile.